Sunday, March 13, 2011

Chili Jerk Chicken

So that week, my mom was making three types of chicken. Chili chicken was rather an experiment since we had this masala from the indian store and used it since we ran out of tandoori mix! So this is what we came up with, and it ended up being a hybrid of chili and jerk chicken lol. The spicier the better, imo.



  • First prep the chicken, as in trimming off the fat, cutting the legs into two, washing, etc. My mom usually does that since I kinda hate touching the raw chicken. Meh, i'll get to it another day.
  • Put the chicken into a big bowl along with the lemon zest, ginger, pinch of salt, black pepper, cilantro, garlic, and about 4 table spoons of the masala/chili powder. This is the masala we used.

  • Then add the lemon juice and massage the chicken with the mix. Then let the chicken marinate for 20-40 minutes, or even over night. We had to cook it the same day since it was that nights dinner lol.


  • Put it in the oven at 350-400 degrees for about an half hour or hour. Just aslong as the chicken is cooked completely and not burned o.o


  • We added jerk sauce since we like it a bit more spicy. Add rice, cucumbers, and some plantains and fin! So yummy.



-aLeeNa

4 comments:

Fatima said...

OMG this is making my life! Reminds my of my mommy's food.

CATGIRL !! said...

Hey dear! I am a female MBA from Karachi, Pakistan. Honestly just browsing through good blogs to find smart writers like you to talk to me on various issues. Nice blog outlook and interesting recipes..YUMMIEE
well.. I write on relationships mostly as well as some funny stuff.
I hope u can be a follower if u like my blog? And don’t forget to comment please !! Click on this blog The Emotional Lava
Best of Luck for ur blogging.

Fragancia said...

tempting!!!!!!!!!! im hungry now lol
btw im your new follower :) i'd love if you follow me back!
xoxox
http://cosmopearls.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

It looks like it turned out great! :)

Day By Diva
Day By Diva

Post a Comment