Saturday, March 12, 2011

Got constant headaches and migraines? Drink a smoothie.

My mom used to have these killer migraines that would keep her in bed for a while with her head pounding. She has this smoothie she'd make to get rid of them. I'm not sure if it works for all, but it works for her! She has had those migraines for months so she stopped drinking it. But then stress came along again and she made the smoothie again and they're gone!

All you need is some cantaloupe and a piece of ginger. Not too much ginger, cause that stuff is strong. I'm not a fan of ginger lol. But the cool refreshing cantaloupe definitely makes this taste better. Oh, also some ice and water is needed.

Put a handful (or more) of cantaloupe into the blender. Add the ginger (chopped up finely) along with about a half cup of ice. Now my mom said to add water, but since i failed at cutting up a cantaloupe, I ended up with a lot of cantaloupe juice on the plate. So I just poured that juice in. Blend it up until its in smoothie texture like a slushie. Bottoms up! *cheers*

 

like my little cantaloupe garnish? heh. and since the glass was super tall, i put a baskin robbins pink spoon in it for her to stir it up. it looks delicious, and its pretty healthy too!

-aLeeNa

No comments:

Post a Comment